CHARISMA DAILY DEVOTIONAL
TUESDAY 12TH JANUARY 2021
PURSUIT OF HOLINESS
SCRIPTURE READING: ISAIAH 54:14.
Through the grace of baptism, the believer is drawn to a life of holiness. Holiness is more than going to church. It is also more than being a good person. True holiness entails four things namely:
a. Ceasing to do evil – one hates and avoids anything sinful
b. Doing good – one seeks justice, love and peace
c. Commitment to God and his church – one shows commitment to God through prayers, worship and generosity to the mission of Christ.
d. Living the life of mercy – one lives in service of his neighbour by carrying out spiritual and corporal works of mercy. The vocation of the Christian is to pursue these things daily.
Holiness attracts the blessings of God and brings our family under the cover of God.
MEDITATION: Holiness is not an option but an obligation.
STRATEGIC PRAYER POINTS
1. Thank the Lord for saving you from the power of sin.
2. Ask the Lord to fill you with His Holy Spirit.
3. Pray for the grace to hate sin and pursue holiness.
4. Pray for the spirit of Christian sacrifice in the church.
5. Say the prayers of St Michael and St Jude in pages 104 and 106.
6. Present your private intentions to God.
7. Say your daily prophetic prayers (page 6).