CHARISMA DAILY DEVOTIONAL
WEDNESDAY 6TH JANUARY 2021
SERVE GOD WITH YOUR SUBSTANCES.
SCRIPTURE READING: MATT 2:11.
The wise men from the east did not come to worship the King Jesus empty-handed. They came with the dearest of their substances namely Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. True worship cannot be complete without the offering of ourselves and our substances. St. Paul reminds us this year to present our bodies as living sacrifices holy and acceptable to God (Rom 12:1). The living sacrifices include the sacrifices of our substances – our time, talents, and treasure. Service to God with our valuables is a sign of our self-offering to him.
In this New Year, serve the Lord with sacrificial offerings of your time, talents and treasures. Contribute substantially to the work of the church and the kingdom of God.
MEDITATION: All I have is given to me for the service of God
STRATEGIC PRAYER POINTS:
1. Pray for God to give you the spirit of sacrifice
2. Pray for the grace to use your gifts for the glory of God
3. Pray for the courage to be detached for materialism
4. Pray for God’s provision and increase this year
5. Say the prayers of St Michael and St Jude in pages 104 and 106
6. Present your private intentions to God
7. Say your daily prophetic prayers (page 6).